Why a Summer Camp?
Studies have shown that when students do not read or do any academics over the long break, their skills significantly decline. To avoid what is commonly known as the “summer slide”, we are initiating a fun week with reading, writing, and recreational activities to give your child an advantage when they enter school in September.
Reading and writing summer camp
A novel study camp offers your child the opportunity to have fun, enhance their social skills while interacting with different students and build their literacy skills. The morning will focus on improving reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills. In the afternoon, we will have fun outdoor games, relay races, and crafts connected to the novel students are reading. Kids will see reading can be fun!
About Our Novel study camp:
- Camp will run from August 12th – 16th from 9 AM to 4 PM
- located at 3010 The Collegeway; border of Mississauga and Oakville
- taught by a Certified Teacher and Teaching Assistant
- open to students in grades 3 to 5, but we will offer different reading comprehension and vocabulary material to address different student levels
Why attend our summer camp? We will:
- Enhance reading comprehension
- Improve writing skills and grammar
- Build vocabulary in context
- Make reading fun again
Registration for the summer camp is now open. Space is limited. Download the registration form below and follow the registration instructions on page 2 to book your spot.